Friday, February 6, 2015

Food for the Soul - They are ONE

Ponderings from my time in the Word this morning

I’m in John chapter 6; Jesus tells the Jews in verse 44,

No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.”

And later on in verse 65 Jesus says,

And he said, Therefore said I unto you, that no man can come unto me, except it were given unto him of my Father.”

But WAIT! What about John 14:6?

Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.”

This verse says that no one can come to the Father but by the Son, yet, chapter 6 tells us that no one can come to the Son but the Father! How incredible is that?! It feels like a light bulb just exploded in my brain. So often my mind tries to separate God into boxes; Father, Son and Holy Spirit. I am reminded once again that God cannot be categorized!

The trinity of God has always blown my mind…these verses show so strongly the unity of the Father and Son in the God head! They do not work alone, they cannot be separated, we cannot have one without the others….they ARE one!




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...