Wednesday, September 30, 2015

A Little Preparation Project

Wow! It's been a while since I've posted on this little spot in cyber-world. Summer has come and gone with all its craziness and settling down into a routine is a nice thought but in all practicality I highly doubt that it will happen....

....you see, in 5 weeks a little person is scheduled to enter our world!

I thought I would quickly share one of the projects I did over the summer in preparation for this little person!


YEP! 

Cloth Diapers! 

Cloth diapers have come a long way since my generation was in them! 

No more gigantic safety pins!

These are adjustable with velcro or snaps!  

AND they are actually kinda cute....for a diaper! 

The initial purchase of cloth diapers can be expensive. So I decided to start out my cloth diaper experience with a craigslist find and see how it goes! 

The "G-Diapers" that I found were in really good shape but did not come with the inserts. 

I looked online and new inserts run about $5 each.

OUCH! 

So,  to Google I went and began research on DIY cloth inserts.

I read a lot about different materials and their absorbent levels and chose to try Micro-fleece and Micro-fiber. 

This was a middle of the road choice....cheapest on one side and all natural fabrics on the other. 

I'm not a natural freak but nether did I want to go so cheap that I forfeit the absorbent quality. 

Micro-fleece is a little more expensive than regular fleece but it is softer on the baby little butt!

*Note* never put the fiber side touching the baby. It will dry their little bottom out too much! 

I let J pick out the color! Thus the Hunter Orange - WABANG!!! 

It actually worked out quite nicely because when I went to the store to get the micro-fiber towels they only came in neon colors! 

*Note* find micro-fiber towels at Walmart or any automotive shop.



I made 21 diaper inserts for around 70 cents each! 

Not Bad! 

AND I had fun doing it! 

Can't wait to try them out!!

COUNTDOWN!!!!







No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...