Friday, November 6, 2015

Savoring A Past Memory




November 6th, 2011

It was potluck Sunday at our Church.

The morning services had come to a close and all the ladies were in the kitchen getting ready and setting out all the wonderful smelling food.

Someone whistled to get everyone’s attention and thanks was given to God for the meal.

The line began to form towards the kitchen.

I took the opportunity to slip out and use the “other room”.

I re-joined the others, glancing around for a curtain boy…

who I liked a whole lot!

But, had no idea if he returned the feelings.

He was nowhere to be seen.

Hmmm….I thought, maybe he went down to the town outhouse (our tiny little church only had one bathroom).

I got in line.

Filled my plate

I love potluck Sundays, so many yummy things to try!

I looked around for my family and went to join their table.

I sat down…

realized my Papa was gone too…
.
All of a sudden, the plate in front of me looked huge and I had NO appetite.

“The Boy” AND my Pa were nowhere to be seen….

This cannot be happening….

You are just having wishful thoughts, Rachel.

Eat your food!

I couldn’t…

I busied myself helping my little brother cut his food and get him a glass of water.

Not sure how much time past…

Then, there they both were, coming in from outside TOGETHER….

My head was spinning. 

I watched as “The Boy” sauntered over to his dad and gave him a thumbs up.

His dad broke into a huge grin.

What just happened?

I tried to act casual as I watched from the corner of my eye as “The Boy” went through the buffet line

AND THEN….

came over and set himself down RIGHT ACROSS the table from ME!

He shot me a grin.

I’m sure I smiled back.

I looked down at my plate….

Now I HAD to eat it….

He was watching me!

My mind is blank to what ensued in those next 15 or so minutes.

The meal was wrapping up.

“Girl, let’s go for a walk” I heard my Pa say.

That was the moment I knew SOMETHING had happened!

We began to walk down the block

Snow crunching under our feet

Papa explained to me that “The Boy” had come and asked permission to court me and wondered what my thoughts were on the matter….

THE REST IS HISTORY!



I was the happiest girl in the world on that day and still am today!!

“The Boy” was my J!

FOUR years ago, TODAY!

How time flies!

That wonderful boy is a man… my husband!

Oh how I love him more and more with each new day!


Don't forget to look back and remember how God worked in the past to fulfill His great plan for today! 






No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...