Friday, December 11, 2015

Savoring The Past Month With Jael #1


One month ago today I saw this little face for the first time!

The pain and exhaustion of the previous 35 hours seemed to vanish when she was placed in my arms!

I loved her very much when she was in my womb.

But the love that swept over me when I saw her and touched her for the very first time is unexplainable!

What is even more amazing is that I love her even more today!!

Life was wonderful with just J and I but life is even better now!

Yes.....she does wake us up in the middle of the night

Poops numerable diapers a day

Cries unless she is being held which postpones dinner.

Yes....the dishes often do not get done for several meals

The house is not spotless

A shower gets knocked down on the priority list

Laundry piles up....

BUT....it is worth all of that and more!

Nothing compares to her little smiles

The sound of her soft breathing

To feel her warmth as she snuggles up in my arms and drifts off to sleep

To hand her to J when he comes home from work and listen to him talk to her as he holds her close!

Nothings compares to the love in my heart for my little family!

Yes, the hard days come but that does not mean they are not better days at the same time!

She will not be little for long

She won't wear diapers forever

She will soon sleep through the night

Her little cry will soon turn into a voice

So many have told me to cherish each day because they go by so fast.

I take that to heart!

It has been a month already...

One of the fastest months of my life!

Enjoy what God has given us in the present! 



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...