Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Growing Green Onions

My mom has always been an avid gardener.

I think it was therapy for her to go out into the garden all my herself and putter in the soil.

And she could make pretty much anything grow!

Well....God made it grow of course.

But really, she could take just a snipping of something, plant it and it would not die!

I have always wanted to try my hands out on gardening but where God has us right now there is no place for planting.

However....Green onions can be grown indoors!


When you buy green onions at your local produce store, they come all intact with their root system!

When you are ready to use them in your culinary creation...

Leave about two inches above the roots uncut.


Place a paper towel in the bottom of a clear glass or jar.

Fill jar/glass with half an inch of water.

Place in your window.

Watch them grow!

It's as simple as that! 


The weather is turning cold here and I have fresh green onions ready to use anytime! 

They keep growing like grass!!




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...