Thursday, January 19, 2017

Power Pancakes for Those Days When Your Toddler is Plain Picky....OR Because YOU Just Want Pancakes


You know those days when getting your toddler to eat is like pulling teeth?

Well, maybe it's because they are getting teeth and their mouth just hurts or they have a cold and they just don't want to eat, and especially nothing healthy that would actually help them through their cold. 

Or maybe YOU are just having one of those days that pancakes just sounds like they would hit the spot!

I'm a believer in pancakes for breakfast or dinner or a snack in between!

However, I long ago put white pancakes behind me and discovered the goodness of hearty flap-jacks!

When my little girl is having a rough day, I've found that she will almost ALWAYS eat pancakes! They've been a favorite ever since she started on table food and I don't mind feeding them to her when they are full of good grains and proteins. 

Not to mention that J and I don't mind helping her finish off a whole batch of them! 

Right now, there are lots of colds going around AND our girl is getting teeth so I concocted this recipe which includes *wisper* carrots.

There has never been a day when I felt like my baby has gotten enough veggies in her diet. 

Please tell me that I'm not the only mom who feels that way!

When she eats these pancakes it's nice knowing she got an extra serving of veggies down and she didn't even know it! 

I like these "healthy" pancakes because they are yummy, filling AND give me energy not a sugar crash!

Here is the recipe in a convenient "Pinable", printable form!


Side Notes: 
I did use sweetened Apple Sauce. If you are using unsweetened you may want to add a teaspoon of sugar or honey.
I have used Olive Oil and Coconut Oil. 
When my toddler is fighting a cold I use water since dairy is not the best when she is sick but Milk is extra protein!
Makes about ten 3 inch pancakes. 

ENJOY!!

What Is Your Go-To Dish for Your Picky or Sick Toddler?






No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...